XUSOM Network Domain Policies
Intentionally interfering with normal operation of the network, including the propagationof computer viruses, or sustained high volume network traffic which substantially hinders others in their use of the network is strictly prohibited.
Examples would be:
- Downloading movies/ Uploading to external server
- Downloading music/ Uploading to external server
- Downloading any software or electronic files
- Uploading, downloading, or otherwise transmitting commercial software or copyrighted material in violation of its copyright
- Using the internet for gambling or illegal activities
- Using the internet for online game
- Using the Intranet [LAN] for online game
- Video streaming/Torrent usage etc…
If you are aware of a potential inappropriate use, please direct the information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Management will carefully investigate potential violations before taking action. Depending upon the severity of the violation and the history of the account involved, management may take any reasonable disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, one or more of the following actions:
- Issuance of a verbal or written warning
- Suspension of the offending account
The University reserves the right to take any disciplinary action against any violators.
One caveat if you are “caught” in the act of violating the above procedure your Internet access will automatically be suspending, notificattion will be sent to the administration and the Dean of Student affairs.
If after a one semester suspension, a violation again occurs, suspension will be permanent for the remainder of time in Aruba.
General Rules Regarding Acceptable Network Use
University provided Internet/Intranet and e-mail privileges, like computer systems and networks, are considered university resources, and are intended to be used for educational purposes only. Students should be aware that usage is monitored for unusual activity.