XUSOM USMLE and Residency Assistance program for Medical Graduates with MBBS degree
- Students must have completed MBBS degree.
- MBBS credits might be transferred and accepted by XUSOM, Aruba as per transfer credit policies of XUSOM, and students might be eligible for award of MD degree.
- $36000. This does not include housing, living cost, health insurance and travel expenses.
- Students passing USMLE Step1 in first attempt will be eligible for $1000 scholarship or refund.
Program Duration: One year
- (6 months in Aruba and 6 months in USA)
Key features of the program:
- Selected Students will spend six months in XUSOM, Aruba campus preparing for step 1 and step 2 CS with OSCE and standardized patient program to simulate step 2 CS.
- Program in Aruba, along with preparation for USMLE Step 1, will also prepare students for smooth transition to USA with BLS, ACLS, HIPAA, IHI( ihi.org) and other certifications required for clinical rotation in USA.
- USMLE Step 1 preparation in Aruba will include regular lectures, on high yield topics, with subject experts including mandatory 3 hours practice question discussion with faculty every day, from various preparatory resources acquired by XUSOM. Students will also be enrolled in Kaplan live online lectures along with full access to Kaplan resources.
- Students will have access to full XUSOM digital library and data base including case file collections, video lectures and practice questions to assist prepare for USMLE.
- Individualized students support based on diagnostic examination analysis and individual students’ strengths and weakness in various disciplines.
- NMBE subject examinations (total 9 subject exams and Customized exams based on integrated organ systems, behavioral sciences, Neurosciences and Introduction to Clinical medicine to simulate USMLE step 1 pattern.
- Six months (18 weeks) of hospital based core rotations in USA in leading hospitals in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Surgery, Psychiatry and one elective rotation), along with assistance in preparation ofstep 2 CK .
- Full Kaplan resources along with practice NBME subject examinations for all the basic sciences and clinical sciences disciplines.
- Six months training (18 weeks clinical rotations + Preparation for step 2CK) in USA .
- Diagnostic exams from Kaplan, along with self-assessment for step 1 with Comprehensive Basic Science Examination (CBSE) and step 2 CK with Comprehensive Clinical Sciences Examination (CCSE) from NBME.
- Academic support for USMLE preparation by XUSOM tutors, highly experienced with preparing students for These examinations.
- Mock practice USMLE step 2 CS exam at a Kaplan center in USA, along with detailed feedback and support for the preparation.
- Addition Research Elective rotation options at Baruch Blumberg Research Institute in Philadelphia and clinical fellowship at Lankenau Hospital with career advice and counseling for residency matching.
- Excellent individual mentoring, career counseling and individualized support by XUSOM faculty and Deans for USMLE and residency match.
- Full access to XUSOM digital library and USMLE preparation resources throughout one year
Hospitals pictured above ( Brookhaven Memorial Hospital, Rush Copley Medical Center, Peconic Bay Medical Center, Saint Agnes Hospital) *Partial list
For a full list please visit our Hospital Affiliations page
- Students need to apply online for admission to the program ( xusom.com) Final decision on Admission will be made by the faculty and Chair of Admission committee as per XUSOM Student Handbook policies and guidelines.
- Student need to submit transcripts, degree and diplomas, letter of recommendation, copies of passport, vaccination certificates, birth certificate and police clearance to be considered for admission.
- XUSOM Aruba will assist students for visa to Aruba and clinical rotations but doesn’t guarantee such visa.
- For all admission related queries, please contact Dr. Kevin Pawlak , Chair Admission Committee XUSOM Aruba at email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further queries.
- Students will be governed by the policies laid down in the Student Handbook of “XUSOM MD Program for MBBS Graduates 2019”.