Xavier University offers a Baccalaureate of Science in Nursing (BSN) on the Island of Aruba in the Lesser Antilles. Xavier is the first university to offer a liberal arts degree in nursing on the island. Xavier University School of Nursing offers a rich, culturally diverse, and interprofessional experience in nursing. The BSN program of nursing complements the existing medical school offered at Xavier and will meet the local, regional, and global need for highly trained and compassionate nurses. Graduates of Xavier’s BSN program will be able to perform in leadership roles in providing and improving healthcare through effective communication using emerging technologies.
The mission of Xavier University School of Nursing (XUSON) at Aruba is to prepare baccalaureate-educated registered nurses (RN) who practice compassionately and deliver safe nursing care of the highest standard to individuals, families, and communities.
Xavier University at Aruba is located in the heart of Oranjestad, the capital of Aruba. The campus consists of over 100,000 square feet of facilities. The campus encompasses a vibrant multicultural atmosphere. A new interprofessional center of learning is planned for the campus in 2014.
Click here to apply online.
Click here to download the current application. The paper application should be filled out and mailed to:
Xavier University School of Nursing
1000 Woodbury Road Suite 109
Woodbury, New York 11797
If you have any questions regarding the application please email: email@example.com
1. To apply to the nursing program, the applicant must be admitted to Xavier University.
2. To apply to Xavier University, the applicant must:
a. be a graduate of an accredited high school or have a transcript evaluation* that shows student has achieved the equivalent of a US high school diploma; or present evidence of satisfactory scores from the test of General Education Development (GED);
b. provide an official high school transcript showing an overall GPA of 3.0 or an official score report from the test of General Education Development (GED) showing a >57 or > 570;
c. provide satisfactory scores (on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) of the College Entrance Examination Board; the American College Test (ACT) of the American College Testing Program (if applicable) or the Computer Adaptive Placement Assessment and Support System COMPASS test^.
3. If you were born outside the U.S. or if requested of you by the Admission Committee, provide official results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). For consideration, applicants must score a minimum of 80 on the internet based exam, 550 on the paper based exam, or 213 on the computer-based exam.
4. provide a photocopy or facsimile or the identification page and expiration of the student's passport.
5. When accepted to the University, the applicant completes the TEAS V entrance test for nursing advisement or provides official transcripts from prior exam. (Fee: 110.00 www.atitesting.com - $20.00 for additional transcripts)
6. To request consideration for admission to the Xavier University Nursing Program, the student:
a. must complete all nursing program prerequisite course work with achievement of a minimum grade of 'C.'
BSN Program Prerequisite Courses:#
General Biology I 6 hours
Principles of Chemistry 6 hours
Medical Communications 3hours
b. must demonstrate administrative and clinical compliance using the Clinical Passport by established deadlines for clinical and laboratory experiences.
i. Current CPR certification
ii. Current Health Insurance Policy
iii. Current Nursing Liability Policy
iv. Health & Wellness Requirements (Fitness; TB, MMR, Drug tests, etc.)
v. Criminal Background Check
vi. Completed Clinical Passport
c. must adhere to the current policies and procedures included in the nursing student handbook.
d. must adhere to the current policies and procedures of Partner Schools.
*If necessary, high school transcript evaluations can be performed by Educational Credential Evaluators or World Education Services.
^Refer to Admission Selection Resource
#Applicants may be conditionally admitted to the program pending successful completion of prerequisite courses and minimum GPA required for admission to the program.